Wednesday 11 January 2012

Belated New Year's Post

Woah, I've been running this blog for over a year now, and in a few weeks I'll be a year into this godforsaken challenge, thats 20% of the way through! Only four years left! And still over a thousand films! I'm not sure about this, but I'm told 2012 has usurped 2011 for position of What Year It Is, so this is as good a time as any to make some blog-related plans.

Firstly, I've still got a few overdue posts to write (31, but who's counting?) and I'm currently 14 films behind where I should be on my schedule, and about 7 hours behind if you're working it out that way instead, so the main goal really needs to be to pull my head out of my arse and catch up. I've been doing pretty well recently, last weekend being the most productive blog-wise since records began, and I need to keep this up. I've stopped watching films recently, other than LoveFilm, Movie Night or when someone else wants to watch one, in the hope that this will give me more time to write posts, and it seems to be working. I'm going to give myself until the end of February (but I'm aiming for January) to catch up on post writing and film watching, and after that I'm going to work like buggery to keep on top of it.

Secondly, the blog looks a bit dull, doesn't it? I quite like the logo (a neatened up scribble I made at work one day) but it could look better, and I've got some ideas for the side bars, so watch this space.

Thirdly, this isn't supposed to all be about the list. When I started this blog I wrote a couple of random posts, and started a small section called Second Chance, where I watched a film that everyone says is crap, to give it another shot (shockingly, most of them still were) and once I've caught up on the list posts, then I'll kick start the other posts too. I have other opinions as well, you know.

And finally, the name of this blog is Life Vs. Film, yet it's all about film, so let's get a bit more life into it, shall we? Although my life largely revolves around the world of movies, but I do other stuff to I'd like to discuss or showcase. I read a lot, cycle, and am an amateur craftsman, baker and chocolatier, so expect to see some of this discussed in the upcoming decades. I'll try and tie it all into movies as much as I can though, fear not.

So that's what 2012 may hold for my little corner of the web. I've also been dabbling in twitter recently (more on this later), so please feel free to follow me on @LifeVsFilm, joining I think just Aisha and a load of fake accounts. Wow, all that and I didn't even mention the Mayans. Ah balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment