Friday 11 May 2012

The Eagleman Stag

Procrastination can often lead to wonderful discoveries of hidden gems, and so it was today as I put off writing a shorter review of The Avengers for my girlfriend's online magazine in favour of just generally meandering around the Internet (my full Avengers review will be here on Monday). Browsing on theawesomer.com I found a link to a delightful stop-motion short from 2010 entitled The Eagleman Stag. Winner of the 2011 BAFTA for Best Short Animation, this monochrome rumination on life and time is breathtaking, and I dread to think how long it took to produce. Within a scant 9 minutes it contains sly humour, philosophical musings and elements of fantasy in it's depiction of significant moments in the life of an eventual taxonomist and his obsession with making moments count.

The film can be watched here, and I thoroughly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment